We are Controllers of your personal information as defined within the Data Protection Legislation.
This Policy describes how we handle your personal information collected from providing our services to you as well as services via our websites.
This Policy should be brought to the attention of other parties who have an interest in your transactions with our business and who have given their consent to you to act on their behalf.
From time to time, it may be necessary for us to change this Policy, so we suggest that you check here periodically.
If, at some time in the future, we wish to use your personal data in ways other than those set out in this Policy, then we will notify you about this and if required by law, we will seek your permission to do so.
IP addresses and cookies
How we collect your Personal Information
We will collect your information when you subscribe to our news letter, or when you purchase products from us. We will also collect information from forms you have completed, notes from conversations via telephone calls, emails, details provided via our websites or social media and information from card payment providers.
How we use your Personal Information
Our main aim in gathering your personal information is to provide you with a customised service.
The type of personal information that will collect about you may include your:
- Postal address;
- Email address;
- contact telephone numbers; and
- details of previous purchases.
We may collect the following via our websites:
Name, postal address, phone number, occupation, IP address, other contact information, online identifier, interest you have in relation to our services or our practice areas, any information that you may volunteer by completing and submitting forms on our websites and details of your visits to and usage of our website.
We may use your personal information:
- to facilitate your purchase of our products;
- to help us develop new products and services to meet our customers needs;
- to communicate with you and bring new products and services to your attention;
- where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, such as the protection of our business, and direct marketing; and
- to deal with complaints made by you relating to our services or websites.
We will rely on the following legal bases for processing your personal and special category information:
“Legitimate Interests” mean our interests in conducting and managing our business. We will rely on our legitimate interest in collecting and using your personal information for the reasons set out below:
- to correspond with you, notify you of events or changes to our service or otherwise to fulfil your requests and respond to your queries and requests for information which may include marketing to you;
- for our business purposes such as data analysis, audits, to help us better understand our customers and improve our customer engagement in developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our websites, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities or for staff training purposes.
- To meet any applicable legal or regulatory obligations
- To comply with law enforcement agencies.
- For direct marketing activities which do not fall under the legitimate Interest basis
- Where you have given your consent for a particular purpose and this has been recorded. Without your consent we may not be able to provide you with the services requested or you may not be able to benefit from some of our services.
- Where a third party is involved we will need you to confirm that they have provided their consent for you to act on their behalf.
We will also use your information for the purposes of performing any contract of sale that we enter into with you.
The information we collect about you is used solely for the purposes outlined above. We will only use it for additional purposes if we have received your prior consent to do so.
Sharing of personal information
We will keep your information confidential at all times and only process it in accordance with this Policy, the Data Protection Legislation and other applicable UK legislation. However, in certain circumstances we will share your information with:
- our employees and contractors for the purpose of providing our service to you and for exercising our legitimate interests;
- our insurers, their associated companies and agents for the purpose of insurance and claims administration;
- companies who provide a service to you as a direct result of our relationship;
- companies which whom we may provide services jointly, and whose logo appears on our products and literature;
- our service suppliers, agents, and subcontractors;
- social media companies so that they can display messages to you about our products and services;
- companies that assist us with our marketing activities; and
- anyone to whom we transfer our right, assets, liabilities and debts.
Transfer of data outside of the European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal data to a third party in countries outside the UK for further processing in accordance with the purposes set out in this policy. In particular, your personal data may be transferred to our outsourced service providers located abroad. In these circumstances we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate technical, organisational, contractual or other lawful means. For example, MailChimp, who assist us in our direct marketing activities are based in the USA and are certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. Please contact us should you wish to discuss this issue in more detail.
We will have in place safeguards through organisational and technical measures to ensure that your personal information is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure. We ensure that where your data is shared there are procedures and contractual arrangements in place to keep your data confidential.
Security of your personal data via the internet
The Internet is not a secure medium of communication and we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted via the Internet. However, once received we will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration of, or unauthorised access to your personal data.
Third party links
We do not currently have any links to sites operated by third parties. However, should links be established, we will have no control over these linked sites, which will have their separate privacy and data collection practices, and your privacy will depend on the policy of that site. You therefore enter these sites at your own risk, and should check the policy for that site. However, we will seek to protect the integrity of its website, and the links placed on it.
Please note that if you communicate with us electronically, including by e-mail, telephone or fax, this communication may be randomly monitored or recorded to protect the interests of our business and our customers. This includes maintaining high quality standards, crime detection and/or prevention and to ensure that our employees comply with legal obligations and our policies and procedures (including customer relations practices).
Data is retained for the period necessary in order to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Where you sign up to our newsletter, your data will be held until such time as you unsubscribe.
Where you buy products from us, we will retain your data for 3 years from the date of your last purchase. Should you close your account, we will retain your data for 3 years from the date of your account closure.
Whenever we process data using your explicit consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
Whenever we process data for our legitimate interests we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data Protection Legislation. Our legitimate interests do not automatically override your interests and we will not use your information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
You have the right to object to this processing, and if you wish to do so please contact us using the details below, however, please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to deal with your legal claim.
You also have the following rights under the Data Protection Legislation:
- to request a copy of the personal information that we hold on you;
- to request that we correct any information if it is found to be incorrect or out of date;
- to request that your information is deleted if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office, http://ico.org.uk/
Exercising any of the above rights may mean we cannot continue to deal with your insurances and may result in policy cancellations. You will therefore lose the right to bring any claim or receive any benefit under the policy and you may also lose benefits under the policy for an event prior to you exercising your rights as well, if the ability to deal with the claim has been prejudiced.
We will only contact you if you have agreed that we can to tell you about products and services that we feel you will benefit from or may interest you.
You may unsubscribe to receiving emails or marketing communications at any time by contacting us to update your preferences. In such circumstances we will continue to send you service related communications which are non-marketing where necessary.
However, we may run specific marketing campaigns through social media and digital marketing where an individual’s personal data is not used for the campaign and in such situations you will need to adjust your social media and cookie browser settings to adjust your preferences.
When submitting your personal information via our website you are given the option to opt-in to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes. However, you may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes at any time using the contact details stated below.
If you have any questions, wish to exercise any of your rights detailed in this Policy or update your marketing preferences please contact Cherry Cook:
Norfolk, PE37 8LA
Tel: 07503 622 806
If you have a complaint or concern about how we use your personal information, please contact us in the first instance and we will attempt to resolve the issue as soon as possible. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office at any time.